Children’s Book Reviews
Children’s book reviews are currently $5.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your book. Subject should read: Children’s Book Review Request.
- The book must be no more than about 50 pages (if the book is a collection or is significantly longer, please request under All Other Book Reviews)
- Your book must be available for free online either because it is on special or through Amazon Kindle Unlimited
What is included:
- Short review on my blog alongside two other children’s books (blog post will be shared with you, and you are welcome to share it on your social media)–see my previous posts below.
- A short review on Amazon or the site of your choosing.
All Other Book Reviews
All other book reviews are $15 per 300 pages.
You can add on additional shorter segments by 100 words for $7 each. (e.g. A 384 word book would cost $22 for a review ($22 + $7), and a 700 word book would cost $37 for a review ($15 + $15 + $7).
Email email@example.com with a free link to your book either because it is on special or Amazon Kindle Unlimited as well as a brief synopsis (2-3 paragraphs). This should be akin to the description on the back of the book. Subject should read: Book Review Request
What is included:
- An in depth review of the book on my blog, including an analysis of the characters, plot, POV, etc, using a rubric. Your book will be the only one reviewed in the post, which will be shared with you.
- A short review on Amazon or the site of your choosing
Genres I Review:
- Fantasy (particularly Urban fantasy or magical realism)
- Scifi (especially with fantasy elements)
- Paranormal (Vampires, werewolves, witches, ghosts, etc)
- Mystery (any type)
- Children’s book collections including multiple stories
- Romance within these genres is fine, but there needs to be a plot outside of the romance.
- I prefer straight romance if it is an element of the story, but I am also fine with LGBTQ+.
A Few Notes About Reviews
- I reserve the right to decline reading any book that does not interest me (especially for novels and collections. I will accept most children’s books submitted).
- My reviews will be honest. I do not believe in giving fake reviews. When you pay me for a review, you are paying me for my time, not a particular score. Although if I accept your novel, it is because I am anticipating liking it.
- Payment is to be tendered via paypal or my store upon acceptance of your book, before I continue reading. In the event that there are multiple books in queue, you may be notified that you are added to a wait list. You do not have to pay until I am ready to read your book and complete the review.
- If your book is added to a wait list, and I have not gotten to your review within one month of submission, I will follow up with you to give you an update as to where you are on the list and to determine if you would like to stay on the list or decline the service.
- If your book glorifies abuse or rape in any way, I will either decline to do the review (if it comes up before payment), or I will automatically give the book a negative review. Please submit wisely.
- I also prefer strong female leads in the books I read, and these will have a higher chance of being chosen, as well as being bumped up on my list to be read sooner.
- As you might expect, children’s book reviews will have a much faster turn around time than a full length novel.
- Reviews are published to my blog every Wednesday .
Book Reviews Blog
- Book Reviews: Edition 28
- Book Reviews: Edition 27
- Book Reviews: Edition 26
- November 2022 Author Announcements
- Book Reviews: Edition 24
For my publications, please see my reader page.